Remote Facility Coder - Outpatient ED
Oct 08, 2020
Interested candidates please apply to recruiting.
Seeking Remote Certified Facility Coders
Compensation: $20-$35 hourly
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, PTO and Holiday Pay
Seeking Certified Pro-Fee and Facility Coders with a minimum of two years' coding experience in a hospital setting, preferably Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health but not required. Seeking candidates with knowledge in the following areas: Inpatient, Observations, ER, and ancillary coding. Must be able to pass proficiency testing. Must be proficient in Excel, must multi-task and communicate well both verbally and in writing. Must be able to maintain a 95% QA accuracy rate as well as hold to productivity standards. Must be able to follow coding guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Apply appropriate coding classification standards and guidelines to medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Resolve medical record documentation deficiencies through healthcare provider query, and provide routine feedback to healthcare providers to correct deficiencies.
- Perform quality assessment of records, including verification of medical record documentation (both electronic and hand written).
- Responsible for researching errors or missing documentation from medical record in order to provide accurate coding processes.
- Abstract and assign the appropriate ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT codes; including Level I & Level II modifiers as appropriate for all diagnosis and procedures performed in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Two years’ experience in Facility/Pro-Fee coding
- Certified Professional Coder, COC, CPC-Payer, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P
- CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS
- AHIMA/AAPC Membership