Aug 01, 2019
Interested candidates please click to apply to recruiting
Seeking candidate to create a positive patient experience, and enhance patient satisfaction by clearly articulating information, system and provider needs. The primary responsibility for this position is to provide a professional registration process for patients in a hospital setting.
- Answers and directs telephone calls in the business office
- Admits all patients on computer with the exception of ED patients
- Accurately collects patient’s demographic information
- Pre-admits patients with information as available
- Performs pre-certification of patient in accordance with admitting guidelines
- Obtains and verifies insurance coverage on patients in accordance with admitting guidelines
- Collects payment for hospital services
- Helps maintain accuracy of pre-admission file
- Assures confidentiality, privacy and security of patient and patient information
- Models professionalism and ethical behavior with honesty and integrity
- Provides customer service with kindness, dignity and respect
- Assists the BOM with special projects as requested
- Participates in educational activities and attends staff meetings as scheduled
- Conducts self in accordance with re|solution’s employee manual
Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and high growth environment.
- Possesses, and has the ability, to apply critical thinking skills.
- Excellent telephone, patient and client relation skills.
- Detail orientated and ability to effectively prioritize work to increase cash and reduce accounts receivables.
- Proficient use of computers and general office equipment.
- Excellent skills in MS Office applications preferred; MS Outlook & MS Excel.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check, OIG check and drug screen.
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree or related degree with experience preferred
Work Environment – Mental/Physical Activities
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching
- High level of manual dexterity sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position as the ability to operate a computer keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
- Occasional high stress work may require dealing with customers/clients
- Must be able to understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people
- Frequently called upon to handle difficult situations
- Able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions
- Ability to read numbers, reports and computer terminals
- Ability to use the telephone and communicate to others in an efficient manner
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information
- Ability to formulate work plans and follow through to completion
- Ability to solve problems inherent to the position and analytical skills to assess situations
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, organize and communicate concepts