Professional Fee Coder- E&M
Oct 18, 2018
Interested candidates please apply to recruiting.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records. Assigns ICD-10-CM or HCPCS codes. May create APC or DRG group assignments.
- Queries physicians (client) when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to supervisor or department manager for resolution.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Proficient knowledge working knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding conventions and official coding guidelines.
- Proficient knowledge of APC and DRG group assignments
- Proficient knowledge of 1995 and 1997 E/M Documentation guidelines
- Proficient knowledge of Teaching Physician Guidelines and Midlevel provider guidelines
- Proficient knowledge HCPCS/CPT coding correct Level I and Level II modifiers
- Proficient skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize efforts while multi-tasking
- High organizational skills
- A team player, always willing to contribute to the whole of the organization.
Seeking candidates who are:
- Eager and Driven to Succeed
- Professional in Appearance and Demeanor
- Work well in Team Environment